Monday 2 September 2013

August Favourites!

So this past month has been quite a busy one for me. This is the first month in a while that I feel like I'm regaining confidence in going out on a regular basis. I've spent more time with friends and generally feeling like I'm getting back into the swing of things. Finally! I think when you deal with something like anxiety its very easy to isolate yourself and when you see your friends going out and posting pictures on Facebook you tend to wallow in self pity because you know you can't do that. I understand I'm not invited places as my answer is never a definite yes. So that's why I'm always still surprised when my friends actually take time out to spend with me.

So my first favourite of the month goes to my friends! I'm so grateful for the few that have gone out of their way to come round and see me and include me. It's weird but I feel back in the loop and not so alone and out of the picture. This past month I have done and been more places that I have done in any other month and they have been the ones to push me to do that. They are incredibly special to me and thank you will never be enough as they along with some of my family are the ones getting me my life back.



The second favourite of the month is Rimmel's Apocalips: I was browsing on Asos.com and came across these lip products and thought why not. I'm not a huge fan of lip gloss but these are definitely more of a lipstick/stain consistency. They are £6 each and come in a variety of colours. I bought a hot pink called Apocaliptic which pops nicely with my fair skin. My cosuin who is alot darker than me tried it on and it looked so good on her too so I think these colours would be good on any skin tone. I also got Nude Eclipse which is really subtle and would look great with a smoky eye. I really want to try out the other colours especially Galaxy. I you have got any let me know! I love the packaging also, its not made of flimsy material and feels sturdy. The applicator also glides the product on nicely.

Lady Gaga is back!!! Of course I had to include her in my favourites she has been gone for 2 years but has come back even stronger. I wasn't too sure of her song Applause when I first heard it but now I'm addicted. Last night she performed half of her ARTPOP album live at Itunes Music Festival and it was epic. Go to my Tumblr to hear all the songs or click here! The stand out songs for me were Aura, Sex Dreams, Swine and I wanna be with you! Go listen now!

I'm also loving: Jay Z ft Justin Timberlake - 'Holy Grail', Drake - 'Hold on we're going home', Kanye West - 'BLKKK SKKKN HEAD'.

Jared Leto back in films: The trailer for Dallas Buyers Club has been released and it looks so good. Matthew McConaughey is having a great year and this film surely will get him an Oscar nod. It also includes Jennifer Garner and Jared Leto as a woman called Rayon. I've been a fan of Jared Leto's acting for years now and have a full collection of his work. Hopefully he will get the recognition he deserves and get the Supporting actor Oscar because I can't see who else can top his performance (and I haven't even seen the film yet).


Harry Styles is also a favourite this month! Don't judge me!

Rihanna for River Island: Love her collection like all of it. I got my hand of this tshirt dress with a silk wrap around and I love it. It is so comfy and flattering, you can style it with heels or flats. I like it best with a gold chunky chain.


Now for the Misses of August:

Miley Cyrus . . . vmas! That's all I have to say on that topic.

At this second whilst I'm writing this Charlie Hunnam (Sons of Anarchy/Pacific Rim) Has been cast as Christian Grey in 'Fifty Shades of Grey' movie. I'm not sure how I feel about this, I love him as an actor but I have a feeling this is just gonna be crap. Can't they leave a book and not make it into a film!

That's it for August then onto September which should be fun as its my sister's birthday and its also getting closer to Christmas.
So I will leave you with a picture of Henna me and my friends did and my Guinea Pig George eating cucumber because its cute!






















Till next time
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment