Friday 4 January 2013

Review Friday: The Dark Knight Rises



Starring: Christian Bale, Tom Hardy, Gary Oldman, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Anne Hathaway, Marion Cotillard, Morgan Freeman, Michael Caine

Plot: Set 8 years after the previous film the Dark Knight has been in seclusion until a new terrorist mercenary Bane causes havoc in Gotham. Batman must re-surface and work with the police force to protect the city that believe he killed the worshiped Harvey Dent.

Rating: PG-13

My Thoughts:  
                       I was looking forward to see this film not only because it was the last in the trilogy for Nolan and Bale but because they released a picture of Hardy as Bane and it was amazing! This just made everyone squeal with excitement as we all knew it was going to be epic! And it didn't disappoint!
Yes I realize this film came out a while ago and when it was in the cinema I had bad anxiety and couldn't go, but I got the DVD for Christmas and me, my mum and sister sat down to see the conclusion of this epic trilogy. Firstly even though I wanted to see this film so much I was a little nervous because Heath Ledger's Joker was in my opinion the best villain in film and I couldn't see how Hardy's Bane could stand up to that. But I did not need to worry, yes Bane is completely different to the Joker but just as good as a credible villain, sadistic, terrifying and a mastermind. Hardy was perfect for this role.
Bale is always great as Batman, he just is Batman. His emotional parts in this film really make the audience feel connected to Bruce Wayne in a way we never have before.
I wasn't sure about Hathaway being Catwoman but she really surprised me and adds a lot of value to the film, she really was a good fit for this role.
Michael Caine was even better in this film his presence makes Nolan's films feel complete. You may need to wipe away a few tears after seeing Caine's performance.
This film is so well rounded and different to the 2 other previous Nolan Batman films. This is a great ending and feels complete. Nolan did an excellent job and really did make the film of the year.
I expect some Oscar nominations for this!

A must see

5/5

Till next time
heather
xoxo

PS. Leave me some suggestions for next Friday!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment