Saturday 16 February 2013

Review: The Blonds

So as I haven't watched a movie all the way through this week I thought instead of a film review I would do a fashion review. I was browsing through Tumblr as one does and came across an incredible outfit from the Fall 2013 collection of The Blonds. Now I've loved their stuff in the past but this just was incredible and brought something new to the fashion world that hasn't been seen in a while. Horror! This was gothic glam meets american horror story and I love it!

They were influenced by Kubrick's The Shining and Hitchcock's Psycho and came up with a chilling new line to premier at New York Fashion Week. Here are some of my favourite designs from their collection.

Bodice includes the famous scene in The Shining 'Here's Johnny!'
Blood drenched coat reminds me of American Psycho
I think inspired by Hitchcock's The Birds
The Shining inspired knife coat dress, love the heels
Bleeding Dress this effect looks so good
Hitchcock Psycho shower scene dress
Straight jacket faux fur 
The nails at the show included famous parts of The Shining
I also loved these Gothic gem and cross nails!

I hope you enjoyed this show as much as I did, if you want search on Google you can find more of the outfits and nail art in the collection.

On another note if many of you have been watching the news you would have heard about Oscar Pistorius. He was very much an inspirational person for me and many people and a hero especially seeing him at both the Olympics and Paralympics. Now we don't know all the facts but whatever the outcome something tragic has happened and my heart goes out to all Reeva's family. From my gut feeling I think it was a tragic accident but of course we won't know until all evidence is gathered. I just can't see someone like Oscar intentionally doing something like this as he has so much to loose and from interviews and his past story he is such a courageous, inspirational, determined man. My heart fell to the floor as soon as I heard the news I was so shocked I know Reeva had so much going for her and I hope she can now rest in peace.

Till next time
heather
xoxo

P.S. ITS MY BIRTHDAY AHHHHH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment