Sunday 30 December 2012

Review Friday: Pitch Perfect



Starring: Anna Kendrick, Skylar Astin, Ben Platt, Brittany Snow, Anna Camp, Rebel Wilson

Plot: The Barden Bellas are an all-girls a cappella singing group but after a disastrous performance last year they need to regroup. Beca (Kendrick) is one of the new recruits, an aspiring DJ with no interest in the college life. She try's her best to inject new life and give the Bellas a new sound in order to beat their all male rival group.

Rating: PG-13

My Thoughts: After seeing the trailer I pretty much thought this was going to be kind of a glee movie, don't get me wrong I love Glee I just didn't think I would warm to these characters as I have to my much loved TV show. Well let me tell you how wrong I was, yes they sing and are in a competition but this film gives a different vibe so even those Glee haters would love it. Kendrick plays the main character Beca and after seeing her in 50/50 I knew she would hold this role well. She has great chemistry with the male lead Jesse (Astin) and you could really believe that this could be the start of any new relationship.
Other than the two leads I loved Anna Camp as the bitchy leader, I loved her in True Blood and she is perfect for this role. Rebel Wilson however steals even scene she is in and she really makes the movie, there are many laugh out loud moments and everything she says is perfect.
If you love Bridesmaids and Mean Girls you will love this. Even guys will love this! The music choices are really good and make this movie feel more grown up than Glee or High School Musical type things. If you want a laugh this is the film for you. It won't win Oscars or any big awards this season but it will leave you smiling and quoting many of Rebel Wilson's lines.

Fun

4/5

Till next time
heather
xoxo

PS. Sorry this is late my posts will be back on time by next week its just this month has been crazy! I'm going to wait until I get a tripod to do makeup tutorials.
Leave Suggestions!


No comments:

Post a Comment