Saturday 2 March 2013

February Favourite's!

I hope you all had a great month I can't believe we are into the March already. So keeping up with my tradition well its not a tradition its only been 1 month but I hope I will continue to do it.

So let me begin with with the Hits February:

My Romwe Galaxy print leggings! These were delivered the other day and I'm in love with them. They only cost me £10 as I was a new customer. I got the pink/purple ones which look so good and the print is so clear and they feel amazing! The only downside is that they did take 2 weeks to arrive but you can expect that as I think the company is in America. Also my coat has a little bit of Velcro on it and it rubbed on them causing the material to go all fluffy so make sure you don't do that.

My purple hair!! As people who read my blog will know I've been trying to achieve the Porcelain Black style half black half white hair. I managed to get the blonde side to white roots and orange/yellow ends and I toned it which made it slightly grey. But I really didn't want to bleach it again so I put some diluted purple on to make it pastel and I really like it. As it was mixed with conditioner it will wash out in like 2 weeks so I can use different colours to change it up a bit until I have money to get it cut.


Rihanna's Pixie cut. I know she now has long ombre hair but I loved her short hair she rocked late last year. I had short hair a few years ago not pixie but still short and it was platinum blonde. Since then I have done so much to my hair so many more dyes and bleaches and I feel like I want to start again because I do eventually want healthy hair. Also as my sidecut is growing out its going to take ages to get that to my shoulder length hair and I want all my hair to grow at the same length. I know not many girls would chop all their hair off because its seen as not feminine or girly but I love short hair and I don't care if guys don't think it looks nice, I do and that's all that matters.

I have a job! Yes finally I'm doing something productive, last week I got stopped in the street to become an Avon Representative and I said why the hell not. With my anxiety I have felt that getting a 9 to 5 job would just freak me out because I hate letting people down so by doing Avon I can get out the house at my own pace and pick my hours. I have always loved Avon products and as I do want to be a makeup artist I think this is a great platform.

My Mad Fat Diary was brilliant. Its set in the 90s and its about a girl called Rea who comes out of a institute and this series shows her getting her life together. There is great music in this series and I think every girl can relate to Rae. The last episode I cried like a bitch, I'm so happy its coming back for season 2.


I watched the film Gia the other day and it blew me away. I have always wanted to watch it as I am a big fan of Angelina Jolie. Its a tragic real story of the supermodel Gia Carangi who was discovered when she was only 17, made it big and then her decline into drug use. This film hits you because it shows how fast you can go from something to nothing. Gia was a real person with real problems but she was the face of 70s fashion and that's all people saw. She was alone and hurting and this film portrays that. Jolie is fantastic and is so beautiful even stripped back with no makeup on. I recommend this film to everyone.

Now the misses of February:

No Money!!! I pretty sure every month I'm going to be adding this. Times are tough we just have to ride it out. Shitty but its life. Hopefully with Avon I can earn a few more pennies.

Lack of sleep. I've been trying to get my sleeping pattern back to normal but even though I've been going to be earlier I can't seem to fall asleep. So then I get headaches because I'm tired. Its a vicious cycle which needs to break because I like my sleep!

Arm and Hammer Whitening Toothpaste. I know this is kind of random but its my list haha! I bought this to make my teeth whiter but I haven't noticed any change and its leaves a funny taste in my mouth, I do not recommend this at all. I'm going to try Colgate next!

Having to cut all my nails short because I grew them so long they were starting to break and bend. Even though this in the long term will be good for my nails it sucks to have short nails. I think it makes my fingers look stumpy. My sister put clear acrylic overlays on them to help them get stronger and then ombre'd them.


Tell me in the comments what your hits and misses of February were!

Till next time
heather
xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment